"Hyundai Motor Chung Mong-Koo Foundation"
* Target : Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos (8 Countries)
* Track : Master, PhD, Integrated Master-PhD
* Major : Future New Industrial Area, Natural Sciences or Engineering(Information, Intelligence, Technology, Bio Health, Energy related),
Korean Language, Korean Studies, Economics, Business etc.
* Goal : To foster Korean-ASEAN Countries cooperative developing talented students in the future
* How to apply : through Korea University Graduate School International Admission
- Please contact your applicable department in advance when you apply for this based on the above majors
- Spring / Fall semester during online application period
* Coverage : Tuition fee(100%), Living expenses(about USD 900 /1month), Arrival support(about USD 2,200 - only 1 time payment)
Scholarships are available for Master(within 4 semesters), PhD(within 8 semesters), Integrated Master-PhD(within 10 semesters)
"Higher Education for ASEAN Talents (HEAT):
for ASEAN Faculty Members Enrolled in Graduate Programs"
* Target : Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei, Singapore (10 Countries)
* Track : PhD
* Major : Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering
* Award Benefits
◦ 3 years of Doctoral programs
◦ Roundtrip travel (one time only): Round-trip economy class ticket.
◦ Monthly Allowance: 1,100 USD per month.
◦ Relocation (Settlement) Allowance (one time only): 300 USD upon arrival
◦ Tuitions: All admission fees are waived by the host institution.
◦ Dissertation Printing Costs: 400~600 USD, depending on the actual costs.
◦ Language Training Fee and Medical Insurance: the amount coverage or benefits will vary depending on each university.
◦ Others: various incidental allowance depend on universities
◦ Applicants who have a citizenship of an ASEAN country, and is a professor working at a university in his/her home country.
◦ Applicants who are lecturing at a 4-year college/university * level of HEI: bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
◦ Applicants who have a highest educational attainment is a master’s degree or its equivalent.
◦ Applicants who are in good health both physically and mentally to allow then to pursue their study while residing
in Korea for the long term.
◦ Applicants who have discussed about their study leave with the university they originally belong to, as well as about
how to contribute to their school after their return.
◦ Applicants who is younger than 45 years old as of the day that the doctoral course starts.
◦ Applicants who have sufficient level of proficiency in Korean language or English.
◦ Applicants who meet the university’s additional requirements
* How to apply : 1) submit application form via E-mail(firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) submit all application documents(including application form) to Graduate School Office
- Admission application form
- Certificate of Master’s degree and official transcript
- Study plan /resume/ curriculum vitae
- Certificate of an applicant and his/her parents’ nationality and certificate of family relation - A photocopy of your passport
- The original official score of TOEFL iBT 80(or above), IELTS 5.5(or above), TEPS 550(or above) or TOPIK level 3(or above)