Part of the mandatory learning process at The Graduate School at Korea University is acquiring the skills to be able to discuss academic topics and write papers in the Korean language. The latter could especially be a daunting task for international students to whom Korean writing is relatively new.
The Writing Lab is designed to offer assistance to the students’ writing of course papers, publications, theses, or dissertations, and can be accessed through the following means. In addition to academic writing, the writing lab can also assist students with personal statements, resumes, and cover letters written in the Korean language.
However, please note that while our tutors can provide critiques, models, resources, and general comments on students’ writings, they will be less inclined to proofread or copy-edit the writings, in order that the student will properly develop Korean writing abilities in the long term.
Making an appointment
We encourage all users of the Writing Lab to make an appointment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>, stating the following:
- Your name and contact information,
- Area of study and topic of writing,
- Current writing needs (grammar, composition, style, etc.),
- Preferred time for a session (within office hours only), and
- Other relevant information that may help your tutor better prepared to assist you.
Once you receive a reply from one of our tutors, your appointment is confirmed.
Location for tutoring
Room 110 of The Graduate School building on the Anam Campus is the recommended location for the tutoring. The room will be open from 10 am to 1 pm on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays.
* The duration of a standard tutoring session is set as 1 hour, but can be extended, pending the availability of the tutor and if no other students are in waiting.