Prof. Jongyun Kim (김종윤)
- About Professor
- Curriculum vitae
- Lab Members
Office: 고려대학교 생명과학관 서관 515호
식물환경조절공학실험실 (KUCEP): 고려대학교 생명과학관 서관 L514호
Office: Life Science West-Building Rm 515
Controlled Environment for Plant Production Lab (KUCEP): Life Science West-Buildling Rm L514
Ph.D. - The University of Georgia – Athens, Georgia, USA
• Ph.D., Major in Horticulture
• Dissertation topic: Water relations of bedding plants: water use, drought physiology, and gene expression
M.S. - Korea University – Seoul, Korea
• Master of Science in Agriculture, Major in Floriculture
• Thesis subject: Changes in leaf color of Hedera helix, Hypoestes phyllostachya, and Pilea cadierei under various indoor light intensity
B.S. - Korea University – Seoul, Korea
• Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Department of Horticultural Science, College of Natural Resources
Work and professional experience
• Assistant Professor, 2015–Present, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
• Editorial Board, 2016–Present, Korean Society for Bio-Environmental Control
• Editorial Board, 2016–Present, Korean Society for People, Plants, and Environment
• Editorial Board, 2016–Present, Korean Society for Floricultural Science
• Board Member, 2015–Present, Korean Society for Horticultural Science
• Assistant Professor, 2013–2015, Pai Chai University, Daejeon, South Korea
• Postdoctoral Research Associate, 2011–2013, University of Maryland
• Graduate Research Assistant, 2007–2011, University of Georgia
• President of Korean Student Association, 2009–2010, University of Georgia
• Vice President of Horticulture Graduate Student Association, 2008–2009, University of Georgia
• Volunteer Service in IHC 2006, Seoul, Korea (Aug 2006)
• Korea Overseas Volunteer in the Philippines (Aug 2002–Feb 2005)
- Horticulturist. Provincial Agriculturist Office, Negros Oriental, the Philippines
- Korea International Cooperation Agency
Rhie, Y.H., S. Kang, D.C. Kim, and J. Kim*. 2017. Production traits of garden mums subjected to various substrate water contents at a commercial production farm. Hort. J. doi.org/10.2503/hortj.OKD-131.
Rhie, Y.H., S. Kang, and J. Kim*. 2017. Substrate water content influences the flowering of Doritaenopsis Queen Beer 'Mantefon'. HortScience 52:1823-1828.
Nam, S., Y.H. Rhie, and J. Kim*. 2017. Effect of substrate volumetric water content levels on rooting and growth of hydrangea cuttings. Flower Res. J. 25:47-53.
Rhie, Y.H. and J. Kim*. 2017. Changes in physical properties of various coir dust and perlite mixes and their capacitance sensor VWC calibrations. HortScience 52:162-166.
Rhie, Y.H.*, J. Kim*, S.Y. Lee, and K.S. Kim. 2016. Non-deep simple morphophysiological dormancy in seeds of heavenly bamboo (Nandina domestica Thunb.). Sci. Hort. 210:180-187. (*co-first author)
Kim, H.J.*, J. Kim*, D.L. Yun, K.S. Kim, and Y.J. Kim. 2016. Growth and flowering of Doritaenopsis Queen Beer ‘Mantefon’ as affected by different potting substrates. Hort. J. 85:360-365. (*co-first author)
Kwon, M.H., J. Kim, C. Seo, C.W. Lee, E.J. Jang, and W.-K. Lee. 2016. Education programs in public children’s gardens in the United States. HortTechnology 26:70-82.
Kwon, M.H., C. Seo, J. Kim, M. Kim, C.H. Pak, and W.-K. Lee. 2015. Current status of children’s gardens within public gardens in the United States. HortTechnology 25:671-680.
Oh, J.H., B.H. Min, D.C. Kim, and J. Kim. 2015. Effect of pinching and daminozide spray on growth and flowering of two garden mum cultivars ‘Candy Ball’ and ‘Fancy Ball’. Flower Res. J. 23:144-150.
Kim, J. 2014. Efficient irrigation through soil moisture sensor based automated irrigation system in ornamental plant production. Flower Res. J. 22: 48-53.
Starry, O., J.D. Lea-Cox, J. Kim, and M.W. van Iersel. 2014. Photosynthesis and water use by two Sedum species in green roof substrate. Environ. Exp. Bot. 107:105-112
Kim, S.J., C.H. Lee, J. Kim, and K.S. Kim. 2014. Phylogenetic analysis of Korean native Chrysanthemum species based on morphological characteristics. Sci. Hort. 175: 278-289.
Kim, S., T. Ha, J. Kim, D. Chang, and K. Kim. 2014. Classification of Korean Chrysanthemum species based on volatile compounds using cluster analysis and principal component analysis. J. Kor. Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem. 57:789-796.
Kim, S.J., T.J. Ha, J. Kim, J.H. Nam, D.L. Yoo, J.T. Suh, and K.S. Kim. 2014. Volatile flavor compounds in the leaves of fifteen taxa of Korean native Chrysanthemum species. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 32:558-570.
Kim, J., J.D. Lea-Cox, M. Chappell, and M.W. van Iersel. 2014. Wireless sensors networks for optimization of irrigation, production, and profit in ornamental production. Acta Hort. 1037: 643-649.
Jang H.S., J. Kim, K.S. Kim, C.H. Pak. 2014. Human brain activity and emotional responses to plant color stimuli. Color Res. Appl. 39:307-316.
Yang, E-M, H-M. Kang, J-M. Kim, J. Kim, H-S. Jang, and C.H. Pak. 2013. Changes in perceived colors of cut roses under florist shop lighting. J. Jpn. Soc. Hort. Sci. 82:170-178.
Kim, J., A. Malladi, and M.W. van Iersel. 2012. Physiological and molecular responses to drought in Petunia: the importance of stress severity. J. Exp. Bot. 63:6335-6345.
Kim, J., S.W. Kang, C.H. Pak, and M.S. Kim. 2012. Changes in leaf variegation and coloration of English ivy and polka dot plant under various indoor light intensity. HortTechnology 22:49-55.
Kim, J. and M.W. van Iersel. 2011. Slowly-developing drought stress increases photosynthetic acclimation of Catharanthus roseus. Physiol. Plant. 143:166-177.
Kim, J., M.W. van Iersel, and S. Burnett. 2011. Estimating daily water use of two petunia cultivars based on plant and environmental factors. HortScience 46:1287-1293.
Kim, J. and M.W. van Iersel. 2011. Abscisic acid drenches can reduce water use and extend shelf life of Salvia splendens. Scientia Hort. 127:420-423.
Ogden, A.B., J. Kim, C.A. Radcliffe, M.W. van Iersel, L.A. Donovan, A. Sugiyama. 2011. Leaf and bud temperatures of southern highbush blueberries (Vaccinium corymbosum) inside high tunnels. Acta Hort. 893:1319-1325.
Controlled Environment for Plant Production
- ICT (Information Communication Technology) Application in Horticultural Crop Production
- Plant Factory / Smart Farm
- Automated Irrigation / Fertigation System through Soil Moisture Sensors
- LED Artificial Light Effects on Plant Growth and Secondary Metabolites
- Horticultural Substrate Dynamics
- Plant Propagation
- Urban Horticulture
- Planter Best Management/Maintenance System Development
LIBT240 Plant Propagation
LIBT367 Plant Factory (Controlled Environment for Plant Production)
BSY503 Statistical Analysis and Experimental Design
BPH602 Plant Physiology and Ecology for Horticultural Crops
BPH812 Advanced Protected Horticulture
JDI526 Research Methods
Seonhwan Kang (Master Course, 2015-2018)
Suyun Nam (Master Course, 2017-Present)
Sun Hee Ryu (Ph.D. Course, 2016-Present)
Kijun Kwon (KU Biotechnology, 2017)
Donghyun Lee (KU Biotechnology, 2017)