Tel: 02-3290-3430 (office)
- About Professor
- Curriculum vitae
- Lab Members
(1985. 09. – 1988. 12.)
Montana State University, Department of Plant & Soil Sciences, Bozeman, MT, USA.
(Major in Plant Molecular Genetics)
(1981. 03. – 1983. 02.)
Korea University, Department of Agronomy, Seoul, Korea
(Major in Crop Breeding)
(1977. 03. – 1981. 02.)
Korea University, Department of Agronomy, Seoul, Korea
(Major in Agronomy)
2000. 03. - Present Professor, Division of Life Sciences Korea University, Seoul, Korea 1996. 05. - 2000. 02. Associate Professor, Division of Life Sciences & Biotechnology Korea University, Seoul, Korea 1992. 03. - 1996. 04. Assistant & Associate Professor, Department of Agronomy Korea University, Seoul, Korea 1990. 03. - 1992. 02. Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea 2016. 12. - 2017. 08. Visiting Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Department of Biochemistry, NE, USA 2015. 01. - 2016. 12. President, Korea Society of Plant Biologists 2007. 02. - 2007. 12. Vice-Dean, College of Life Sciences & Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Korea 2002. 03. - 2007. 02. Director (Adjunct), Research & Development Project Group for Future Technologies BioGreen21 Research Program, Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Korea 2001. 09. - 2004. 09. CEO (Adjunct), Gene & Cell Co. LTD. 1995. 09. - 2001. 08. Visiting Professor, University of Freiburg, Institute for Biology II, Freiburg, Germany 1997. 12. - 1999. 02. Visiting Professor, Cornell University, Department of Plant Breeding, Ithaca, NY, USA 1997. 12. - 1999. 02. Visiting Professor, Cornell University, Department of Plant Breeding, Ithaca, NY, USA 1996. 01. - 1996. 02. Visiting Professor, University of Leeds, Department of Genetics, Leeds, UK 1988. 12. - 1990. 01 Postdoc, Research Fellow, Australian National University, Research School of Biological Sciences, Canberra, Australia 1985. 09. - 1988. 12. Research Assistant, Montana State University, Department of Plant & Soil Sciences, Bozeman, Montana, U.S.A. 1983. 06. - 1985. 07. Researcher, Research Institute of Wheat & Barley, Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Korea
∙ Plant Cell Reports, Associate Editor
∙ Genes & Genomics, Editor
∙ Journal of Plant Biotechnology, Editor
∙ Research in Biotechnology, Editor
∙ Japanese Society of Plant Physiologists (JSPP), Member
∙ Korean Society of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Active Member
∙ Korean Society of Plant Biologists, Senior Member (President, 2015~2016)
(94) Kim YY, Cui MH, Noh MS, Jung KW, Shin SJ* (2017) The FBA motif-containing protein AFBA1 acts as a novel positive regulator of ABA response in Arabidopsis. Plant and Cell Physiology 58(3):574-586
(93) Nguyen HTK, Kim SY, Cho K-M, Hong JC, Shin JS* , Kim HJ* (2016) A transcription factor yMYB1 binds to the P1BS cis-element and activates PLA2-y expression with its co-activator yMYB2. Plant and Cell Physiology 57(4):784-797 (*Equal correspondence)
(92) Cho K-M, Nguyen HTK, Kim SY, Shin JS, Cho DH, Hong SB, Shin JS* , Ok SH* (2016) CML10, a variant of calmodulin, modulates ascorbic acid synthesis. New Phytologist 209(2):664-678 (*Equal correspondence)
(91) Tata SK, Jung J, Kim Y-H, Choi JY, Jung J-Y, Lee I-J, Shin JS , Ryu SB (2016) Heterologous expression of chloroplast-localized geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate synthase confers fast plant growth, early flowering, and increased seed yield. Plant Biotechnology Journal 14(1):29-39
(90) Ok SH, Cho JH, Oh S-I, Choi MN, Ma J-Y, Shin JS , Kim K-N (2015) Calcineurin B-like 3 calcium sensor associates with and inhibits 5-methylthioadenosine nucleosidase 2 in Arabidopsis. Plant Science 238:228-240
(89) Jeong H-J, Choi JY, Shin HY, Bae J-M, Shin JS* (2014) Seed-specific expression of seven Arabidopsis promoters. Gene 553(1):17-23
(88) Bae JM*, Kwak MS, Noh SA, Oh M-J, Kim Y-S, Shin JS (2014) Overexpression of sweetpotato expansin cDNA ( IbEXP1 ) increases seed yield in Arabidopsis. Transgenic Research 23(4):657-667
(87) Shin H-Y, You MK, Jeung JU, Shin JS* (2014) OsMPK3 is a TEY-type rice MAPK in Group C and phosphorylates OsbHLH65, a transcription factor binding to the E-box element. Plant Cell Reports 33(8):1343-1353
(86) Kim Y-H , Khan AL, Waqas M, Jeong H-J, Kim D-H, Shin JS , Kim J-G, Yeon M-H, Lee I-J* (2014) Regulation of jasmonic acid biosynthesis by silicon application during physical injury to Oryza sativa L. Journal of Plant Research 127(4):525-532
(85) Jeong B-C, Park SH, Yoo KS, Shin JS , Song HK* (2013) Change in single cystathionine β-synthase domain-containing protein from a bent to flat conformation upon adenosine monophosphate binding. Journal of Structural Biology 183:40-46
(84) Cui MH, Yoo KS, Hyoung S, Nguyen HTK, Kim YY, Kim HJ, Ok SH, Yoo SD, Shin JS* (2013) An Arabidopsis R2R3-MYB transcription factor, AtMYB20, negatively regulates type 2C serine/threonine protein phosphatases to enhance salt tolerance. FEBS Letters 587(12):1773-1778
(83) Jung KW, Kim YY, Yoo KS, Ok SH, Cui MH, Jeong B-C, Yoo SD, Jeung JU, Shin JS* (2013) A cystathionine-β-synthase domain-containing protein, CBSX2, regulates endothecial secondary cell-wall thickening in anther development. Plant and Cell Physiology 54(2):195-208
(82) Cui MH, Ok SH, Yoo KS, Jung KW, Yoo SD, Shin JS* (2013) An Arabidopsis cell growth defect factor-related protein, CRS, promotes plant senescence by increasing the production of hydrogen peroxide. Plant and Cell Physiology 54(1):155-167
(81) Jeong B-C, Park SH, Yoo KS, Shin JS , Song HK* (2013) Crystal structure of the single cystathionine
-synthase domain-containing protein CBSX1 fromArabidopsis thaliana . BBRC 430(1):265-271
(80) Noh SA, Lee H-S, Kim Y-S, Paek K-H, Shin JS , Bae JM* (2013) Down-regulation of the IbEXP1 gene enhanced storage root development in sweetpotato. Journal of Experimental Botany 64(1):129-142
(79) Tata SK, Choi JY, Jung JY, Lim KY, Shin JS , Ryu SB* (2012) Laticifer tissue-specific activation of the Hevea SRPP promoter in Taraxacum brevicorniculatum and its regulation by light, tapping and cold stress. Industrial Crops and Products 40:219-224
(78) Seo YS, Choi JY, Kim SJ, Kim EY, Shin JS* , Kim WT* (2012) Constitutive expression of CaRma1H1, a hot pepper ER-localized RING E3 ubiquitin ligase, increases tolerance to drought stress in transgenic tomato plants. Plant Cell Reports 31(9):1659-1665 (*Equal correspondence)
(77) Choi JY, Shin JS , Chung YS, Hyung NI* (2012) An efficient selection and regeneration protocol for Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of oriental melon ( Cucumis melo L. var. makuwa). Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture 110:133-140
(76) Ok SH, Yoo KS, Shin JS* (2012) CBSXs are sensor relay proteins sensing adenosine-containing ligands in Arabidopsis. Plant Signaling & Behavior 7(6):664-667
(75) Noh SA, Lee HS, Huh GH, Oh MJ, Paek KH, Shin JS , Bae JM* (2012) A sweetpotato SRD1 promoter confers strong root-, taproot-, and , tuber-specific expression in Arabidopsis, carrot, and potato. Transgenic Research 21:265-278
(74) Park S, Lee K, Kim YS, Chi Y-T, Shin JS , Back K* (2012) Induced tyramine overproduction in transgenic rice plants expressing a rice tyrosine decarboxylase under the control of methanol-inducible rice tryptophan decarboxylase promoter. Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering 35:205-210
(73) Kim YY, Jung KW, Jeung JU, Shin JS* (2012) A novel F-box protein represses endothecial secondary wall thickening for anther dehiscence in Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Plant Physiology 169(2):212-216
(72) Jeong H-J, Kim YJ, Kim SH, Kim Y-H, Lee I-J, Kim YK, Shin JS* (2011) Nonsense-mediated mRNA decay factors, UPF1 and UPF3, contribute to plant defense. Plant and Cell Physiology 52:2147-2156
( 71) Yoo KS, Ok SH, Jeong B-C, Jung KW, Cui MH, Hyoung S, Lee M-R, Song HK, Shin JS * (2011) Single cystathionine β-synthase domain-containing proteins modulate development by regulating the thioredoxin system in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 23:3577-3594.
(70) Kim YY, Jung KW, Yoo KS, Jeung JU, Shin JS* (2011) A stress-responsive caleosin-like protein, AtCLO4, acts as a negative regulator of ABA responses in Arabidopsis. Plant and Cell Physiology 52(5):874-884.
(69) Kim HJ, Ok SH, Bahn SC, Jang J, Oh SA, Park SK, Twell D, Ryu SB, Shin JS* (2011) Endoplasmic reticulum- and Golgi-localized phospholipase A2 plays critical roles in Arabidopsis pollen development and germination. Plant Cell 23(1):94-110.
(68) Choi JY, Seo YS, Kim SJ, Kim WT, Shin JS* (2011) Constitutive expression of CaXTH3 , a hot pepper xyloglucan endotransglucosylase/hydrolase, enhanced tolerance to salt and drought stresses without phenotypic defects in tomato plants ( Solanum lycopersicum cv. Dotaerang). Plant Cell Reports 30:867-877.
(67) Jeong HJ, Shin JS* , Ok SH* (2011) Barley DNA-binding methionine aminopeptidase, which changes the localization from the nucleus to the cytoplasm by low temperature, is involved in freezing tolerance. Plant Science 180:53-60. (*Equal correspondence)
(66) Kim MJ, Go YS, Lee SB, Kim YS, Shin JS , Min MK, Hwang I, Suh MC* (2010) Seed-expressed casein kinase 1 acts as a positive regulator of the SeFAD2 promoter via phosphorylation of the SebHLH transcription factor. Plant Molecular Biology 73:425-437.
(65) Kwon YS*, Oh YH, Yi SI, Kim HY, An JM, Yang SG, Ok SH, Shin JS (2010) Informative SSR markers for commercial variety discrimination in watermelon ( Citrullus lanatus ). Genes and Genomics 32:115-122.
(64) Noh SA, Lee HS, Huh EJ, Huh GH, Paek KH, Shin JS* , Bae JM* (2010) SRD1 is involved in the auxin-mediated initial thickening growth of storage root by enhancing proliferation of metaxylem and cambium cells in sweetpotato ( Ipomoea batatas ). Journal of Experimental Botany 61:1337-1349. (*Equal correspondence)
(63) You MK, Shin HY, Kim YJ, Ok SH, Cho SK, Jeung JU, Yoo SD, Kim JK, Shin JS* (2010) Novel bifunctional nucleases, OmBBD and AtBBD1, are involved in ABA-mediated callose deposition in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 152:1015-1029.
(62) Gothandam KM*, Nalini E, Karthikeyan S, Shin JS (2010) OsPRP3, a flower specific proline-rich protein of rice, determines extracellular matrix structure of floral organs and its overexpression confers cold-tolerance. Plant Molecular Biology 72:125-135.
(61) Hoang QT, Cho SH, McDaniel SF, Ok SH, Quatrano RS, Shin JS* (2009) An actinoporin plays a key role in water stress in the moss Physcomitrella patens . New Phytologist 184:502-510.
(60) Park EY, Choi WS, Oh SI, Kim KN, Shin JS , Song HK* (2009) Biochemical and structural characterization of 5'-methylthioadenosine nucleosidases from Arabidopsis thaliana. BBRC 381:619-624.
(59) Kim TH*, Ok SH, Kim D, Suh SC, Byun MO, Shin JS (2009) Molecular characterization of a biotic and abiotic stress resistance-related gene RelA/SpoT homologue (PepRSH) from pepper. Plant Science 176:635-642.
(58) Sarowar S, Kim YJ, Kim KD, Hwang BK, Ok SH, Shin JS* (2009) Overexpression of lipid transfer protein (LTP) genes enhances resistance to plant pathogens and LTP functions in long-distance systemic signaling in tobacco. Plant Cell Reports 28:419-427.
(57) Noh SA, Park SH, Huh GH, Paek KH, Shin JS , Bae JM* (2009) Growth retardation and differential regulation of expansin genes in chilling-stressed sweetpotato. Plant Biotechnology Reports 3:75-85.
(56) Oh SI, Park J, Yoon S, Kim Y, Park S, Ryu M, Nam MJ, Ok SH, Kim JK, Shin JS , Kim KN* (2008) The Arabidopsis calcium sensor calcineurin B-like 3 inhibits the 5'-methylthioadenosine nucleosidase in a calcium-dependent manner. Plant Physiology 148:1883-1896.
(55) Jeong BC, Yoo KS, Jung KW, Shin JS , Song HK* (2008) Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of a cystathionine-β-synthase domain-containing protein, CDCP2, from Arabidopsis thaliana . Acta Crystallographica Section F - Structural Biology and Crystallization Communications F64:825-827.
(54) Kwak MS, Oh MJ, Paek KH, Shin JS , Bae JM* (2008) Dissected effect of a transit peptide of the ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase gene from sweetpotato ( ibAGP2 ) in increasing foreign protein accumulation. Plant Cell Reports 27:1359-1367.
(53) Jung KW, Oh SI, Kim YY, Yoo KS, Cui MH, Shin JS* (2008) Arabidopsis histidine-containing phosphotransfer factor 4 (AHP4) negatively regulates secondary wall thickening of the anther endothecium during flowering. Molecules and Cells 25(2):294-300.
(52) Kwak MS, Oh MJ, Lee SW, Shin JS , Paek KH, Bae JM* (2007) A Strong Constitutive Gene Expression System Derived from ibAGP1 Promoter and Its Transit Peptide. Plant Cell Reports 26(8) :1253-1262.
(51) Kwak MS, Min SR, Lee SM, Kim KN, Liu JR, Paek KH, Shin JS , Bae JM* (2007) A sepal expressed ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase gene ( NtAGP ) is required for petal expansion growth in 'Xanthi' tobacco. Plant Physiology 145:277-289.
(50) Fariba A, Ehsanpour A*, Hoang QT, Shin JS (2007) Protein pattern changes in tomato under in vitro salt stress. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology 54(4):526-533.
(49) Kim MJ, Kim JK, Shin JS , Suh MC* (2007) The SebHLH transcription factor mediates trans-activation of the SeFAD2 gene promoter through binding to E- and G-box elements. Plant Molecular Biology 64:453-466.
(48) You MK, Oh SI, Ok SH, Cho SK, Shin HY, Jeung JU, Shin JS* (2007) Identification of putative MAPK kinases in Oryza minuta and O. sativa responsive to biotic stresses. Molecules and Cells 23:108-114.
(47) Cho SH, Hoang QT, Phee JW, Kim YY, Shin HY, Shin JS* (2007) Modified suppression subtractive hybridization identifies an AP2-containing protein involved in metal responses in Physcomitrella patens . Molecules and Cells 23:100-107.
(46) Jayasekaran K, Kim KN, Vivekanandan M, Shin JS , Ok SH* (2006) Novel calcium-binding GTPase (AtCBG) involved in ABA-mediated salt stress signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Reports 25:1255-1262.
(45) Kim MJ, Kim HJ, Shin JS , Chung CH, Ohlrogge JB, Suh MC* (2006) Seed-specific expression of sesame microsomal oleic acid desaturase is controlled by combinatorial properties between negative cis -regulatory elements in the SeFAD2 promoter and enhancers in the 5'-UTR intron. Molecular Genetics and Genomics 276:351-368.
(44) Park EY, Oh SI, Nam MJ, Shin JS , Kim KN, Song HK* (2006) Crystal structure of 5'-methylthioadenosine nucleosidase from Arabidopsis thaliana at 1.5 A resolution. PROTEINS: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics 65:519-523.
(43) Sarowar S, Kim YJ, Kim, EN, Kim KD, Choi JY, Hyung NI, Shin JS* (2006) Constitutive expression of two pathogenesis-related genes in tomato plants enhanced resistance to oomycete pathogen Phytophthora capsici . Plant Cell, Tissue, Organ Cultue 86:7-14.
(42) Cho SH, Hoang QT, Kim YY, Shin HY, Ok SH, Bae JM, Shin JS* (2006) Proteome analysis of gametophores identified a metallothionein involved in various abiotic stress responses in Physcomitrella patens . Plant Cell Reports 25:475-488.
(41) Kwak, MS, Noh SA, Huh GH, Kim KN, Lee SW, Shin JS , Bae JM* (2006) Two sweetpotato ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase isoforms are regulated antagonistically in response to sucrose content in storage roots. Gene 366(1):87-96.
(40) Kim KM, Cho SK, Shin SH, Kim GT, Lee JH, Oh BJ, Kang KH, Hong JC, Choi JY, Shin JS , Chung YS* (2005) Analysis of differentially expressed transcripts of fungal elicitor- and wound-treated wild rice ( Oryza grandiglumis ). Journal of Plant Research 118:347-354.
(39) Ok SH, Jeong HJ, Bae JM, Shin JS , Luan S, Kim KN* (2005) Novel CIPK1-associated proteins in Arabidopsis contain an evolutionarily conserved C-terminal region, which mediates nuclear localization. Plant Physiology 139:138-150.
(38) Kim MJ, Shin JS , Suh MC* (2005) Genomic structures and characterization of the 5'-flanking regions of acyl carrier protein and Δ4-palmitoyl-ACP desaturase genes from Coriandrum sativum . Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1730:235-244.
(37) Jeung JU, Cho SK, Shin JS* (2005) A partial-complementary adapter for an improved and simplified ligation-mediated suppression PCR technique. Journal of Biochemical and Biophysical Methods 64:110-120.
(36) Jeung JU, Cho SK, Lee SJ, Shin JS* (2005) Characterization of Ty3- gypsy -like elements in Hibiscus syriacus for developing a reliable and informative class of molecular markers. Molecules and Cells 19:318-327.
(35) Sarowar S, Kim EN, Kim YJ, Ok SH, Kim KD, Hwang BK, Shin JS* (2005) Overexpression of a pepper ascorbate peroxidase-like 1 gene in tobacco plants enhances tolerance to oxidative stress and pathogens. Plant Science 169:55-63.
(34) Sarowar S, Kim YJ, Kim EN, Kim KD, Hwang BK, Islam R, Shin JS* (2005) Overexpression of a pepper basic pathogenesis-related protein 1 gene in tobacco plants enhances resistance to heavy metal and pathogen stresses. Plant Cell Reports 24:216-224.
(33) Cho SK, Jung KW, Jeung JU, Kang KH, Shim KS, You MK, Yoo KS, Ok SH, Shin JS* (2005) Analysis of differentially expressed transcripts from planthopper-infested wild rice ( Oryza minuta ). Plant Cell Reports 24:59-67.
(32) Lee HY, Bahn SC, Shin JS , Hwang I, Back K, Doelling JH, Ryu SB* (2005) Multiple forms of secretory phospholipase A2 in plants. Progress in Lipid Research 44:52-67.
(31) Cheon BY, Kim HJ, Oh KH, Bahn SC, Ahn JH, Choi JW, Ok SH, Bae JM, Shin JS* (2004) Overexpression of human erythropoietin (EPO) affects plant morphologies: retarded vegetative growth in tobacco and male sterility in tobacco and Arabidopsis . Transgenic Research 13: 541-549.
(30) Noh SA, Kwak MS, Lee HS, Huh GH, Liu JR, Shin JS , Bae JM* (2004) Genomic organization of two small subunit ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase genes from sweetpotato. Gene 339:173-180.
(29) Cho SK, Jeung JU, Kang KH, Shim KS, Jung KW, You MK, Ok SH, Chung YS, Hwang HG, Choi HC, Moon HP, Shin JS* (2004) Identification of differentially expressed genes induced by wound-treated wild rice ( Oryza minuta ). Molecules and Cells 17(2):230-236.
(28) Cho SK, Ok SH, Jeung JU, Shim KS, Jung KW, You MK, Kang KH, Chung YS, Choi HC, Shin JS* (2004) Comparative analysis of 5,211 leaf ESTs of wild rice ( Oryza minuta ). Plant Cell Reports 22:839-847.
(27) Shim KS, Cho SK, Jeung JU, Jung KW, You MK, Ok SH, Chung YS, Kang KH, Hwang HG, Choi HC, Moon HP, Shin JS* (2004) Identification of fungal ( Magnaporthe grisea ) stress-induced genes in wild rice ( Oryza minuta ). Plant Cell Reports 22:599-607.
(26) Bahn SC, Lee HY, Kim HJ, Ryu SB, Shin JS* (2003) Characterization of Arabidopsis secretory phospholipase A2-gamma cDNA and its enzymatic properties. FEBS Letters 553:113-118.
(25) Lee HY, Bahn SC, Kang YM, Lee KH, Kim HJ, Noh EK, Palta JP, Shin JS* , Ryu SB* (2003) Secretory low molecular weight phospholipase A2 plays important roles in cell elongation and shoot gravitropism in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 15(9):1990-2002. (*Equal correspondence)
(24) Sarowar S, Hyung NI, Min BW, Harn CH, Yang SK, Ok SH, Shin JS* (2003) In vitro micropropagation of a Cucurbita interspecific hybrid variety a root stock plant. Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture 75:179-182.
(23) Ok SH, Park HM, Kim JY, Bahn SC, Bae JM, Suh MC, Jeung JU, Kim KN, Shin JS* (2003) Identification of differentially expressed genes during flower development in carnation ( Dianthus caryophyllus ). Plant Science 165:291-297.
(22) Oh KH, Cheon BY, Cho SH, Truong HQ, Ok SH, Jeung JU, Choi JW, Shin JS* (2003) Expression of the bovine growth hormone alters the root morphology in transgenic tobacco plants. Transgenic Research 12:363-367.
(21) You MK, Hur CG, Ahn YS, Suh MC, Jeong BC, Shin JS , Bae JM* (2003) Identification of genes possibly related to storage root induction of sweetpotato. FEBS Letters 536:101-105.
(20) Jeung JU, Cho SK, Shim KS, Ok SH, Lim DS, Shin JS* (2002) Construction of two pGEM-7Zf(+) phagemid T-tail vectors using Ahd I-restriction endonuclease sites for direct cloning of PCR products. Plasmid 48:160-163.
(19) Lee SJ, Jeung JU, Cho SK, Um BY, Chung WI, Bae JM, Shin JS* (2002) Diversity and varietal classification of Hibiscus syriacus L. with the heterogeneity within retrotransposon-like elements. Molecules and Cells 13(3):362-368.
(18) Bahn SC, Bae MS, Park YB, Oh SI, Jeung JU, Bae JM, Chung YS, Shin JS* (2001) Molecular cloning and characterizaion of a novel low temperature-induced gene, blti2, from barley ( Hordeum vulgare L.). Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1522:134-137.
(17) Bae JM*, Ham CH, Tae KH, Suh MC, Shin JS , Lieu JR (2001) Partial male sterility induced in tobacco by overproduction of mRNA of sweet potato small subunit ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase. J. of Plant Physiol . 158:1273-1279.
(16) Choi JY, Kim HJ, Lee CH, Bae JM, Chung YS, Shin JS , Hyung NI* (2001) Efficient and simple plant regeneration via organgrnesis from leaf segment cultures of persimmon ( Diospyros kaki Thunb.). In Vitro Plant 37 (2): 274-279.
(15) Kang CJ, Lee MG, Cho YS, Lee JW, Kyung YJ, Shin JS , Kim ES, Kim JK* (2000) Characterization of geranium ( Pelargonium graveolens ) chloroplast EF-Tu cDNA. Molecules and Cells 10(5):579-583.
(14) Ok SH, Chung YS, Um BY, Park MS, Bae JM, Lee SJ, Shin JS* (2000) Identification of expressed sequence tags of watermelon ( Citrullus lanatus ) leaf at the vegetative stage. Plant Cell Reports 19:932-937.
(13) Kim JY, Chung YS, Ok SH, Lee SG, Chung WI, Kim IY, Shin JS* (1999) Characterization of the full-length sequences of phospholipase A2 induced during flower development. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1489:389-392.
(12) Lee JH, Lee JW, Chung YY, Paek KH, Shin JS , Yun CH, Kim JK* (1999) Cloning and characterization of the chloroplast elongation factor EF-Tu cDNA of Oryza sativa L. Molecules and Cells 9(5):484-490.
(11) Kim JY, Chung YS, Paek KH, Park YI, Kim JK, Yu SN, Oh BJ, Shin JS* (1999) Isolation and characterization of a cDNA encoding cysteine proteinase inhibitor, induced upon flower maturation in carnation using suppression subtractive hybridization. Molecules and Cells 9(4):392-397.
(10) Han SJ, Cho HS, You JS, Nam YW, Park EK, Shin JS , Park YI, Park WM, Paek KH* (1999) Gene silencing-mediated resistance in transgenic tobacco plants carrying potato virus Y coat protein gene. Molecules and Cells 9(4):376-383.
(9) Cho SH, Chung YS, Cho SK, Rim YW, Shin JS* (1999) Particle bombardment mediated transformation and GFP expression in the moss Physcomitrella patens . Molecules and Cells 9(1):14-19.
(8) Park JM, Kwon SY, Song KB, Kwak JW, Lee SB, Nam YW, Shin JS , Park YI, Rhee SK, Paek KH* (1999) Transgenic tobacco plants expressing bacterial levansucrase gene show enhanced tolerance to osmotic stress. J. Microbial. Biotechnol . 9(2):213-218.
(7) Kim CS, Lee CH, Shin JS* , Chung YS, Hyung NI (1997) A simple and rapid method for isolation of high quality genomic DNA from fruit trees and conifers using PVP. Nucleic Acids Research 25(5): 1085-1086.
(6) Lee SJ, Shin JS* , Park KW, Hong YP (1996) Detection of genetic diversity using RAPD-PCR and sugar analysis in watermelon [ Citrullus lanatus (Thunb.) Mansf.] germplasm. Theor. Appl. Genet . 92:719-725.
(5) Masle J, Shin JS , Farquhar GD* (1993) Analysis of restriction fragment length polymorphisms associated with variation of carbon isotope discrimination among ecotypes of Arabidopsis thaliana . In: Stable Isotopes and Plant Carbon-Water Relations (ed.), Academic Press :371-386.
(4) Shin JS , Chao S, Corpuz L, Blake T* (1990) A partial map of the barley genome incorporating RFLP, PCR, isozyme, and morphological marker loci. Genome 33:803-810.
(3) Blake T*, Shin JS , Sanchez M (1989) Development of the barley RFLP map. In: Current Communications in Molecular Biology (ed.). Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory :139-143.
(2) Benito MC, Sanchez M, Shin JS , Blake T* (1988) A map of barley chromosome 2 using isozymic and morphological markers. Biochemical Genetics 26:387-394.
(1) Shin JS* (1988) Genetic analysis and molecular characterization of RFLP DNA markers in barley. Montana State University, Ph.D. thesis .
26 publications in the peer-reviewed domestic journals
Hormonal systems and various metabolic pathways of plants are different from those of animals and microorganisms. We characterize the precise cellular roles of functionally unknown genes but identified playing crucial roles in signaling of plant hormones and environmental stresses as well as plant senescence, growth and development in Arabidopsis as well as the moss P. patens . Through our previous researches, we have obtained lots of novel unknown genes, which are related to the plant senescence and development and whose expressions were increased in the stress conditions. We characterize their relationships on the senescence and various stresses, expression profiles in different tissues and subcellular organelles, and phenotype and resistance changes of overexpressed lines and knock-out mutant during plant growth and development. We also screen their interacting proteins using yeast two-hybrid and pull down assay and elucidate the horizontal mechanism of proteins. Using Affymatrix gene chip, the downstream genes are also being identified. Diverse researches on these genes and proteins make us possible to understand plant-unique regulation mechanism sharing on the stress defense, plant growth and development and senescence process, and subsequently disclose the novel cellular defense signaling mechanism.
Jeong Sheop Shin (신정섭)
Yun Young Kim (김윤영)
Ph.D. (2012), Korea Univ.
Soo Yeon Kim (김수연)
Sujin Hyoung (형수진)
MS/Ph.D. student (from 2008)
Jin Seok Shin (신진석)
MS/Ph.D. student (from 2012)
Won Mi So (소원미)
MS/Ph.D. student (from 2012)
A.K.M Mahmudul Huque (마흐무들 허크)
Ph.D. student (from 2013)
Min Soo Noh (노민수)
MS/Ph.D. student (from 2014)
Technician (from 2012)
Seung Jae Lee (이승재) M.S. (1995)
Ji Ung Jeung (정지웅) M.S. (1995)
Ph.D. (2000) (Montana State University)
Postdoc. (2000.4.- 2002.1.)
Sung Hoi Hong (홍성회) M.S. (1996)
Ph.D. (2002) (from Prof. Kang, Korea University)
Yong Bum Park (박용범) M.S. (1999)
Ph.D. (2009) (Penn State University, USA)
Sung Jin Park (박성진) M.S. (1998)
Ph.D. (2008) (Oklahoma state Univ.)
Young Soo Chung (정영수) Postdoc. (1996.8.-1999.8.) Sun Mi Park (박선미) Technician (1997.7.-2000.3.) So Hee Jun (전소희) Technician (1999.12.-2000.6.) Min Seok Bae (배민석) M.S. (2001) Min Seo Park (박민서) M.S. (1998) Hyun Sub Hwang (황현섭) M.S. (2001) Kyung hee Oh (오경희) M.S. (2002) Eun Kyung Cho (조은경) Technician (2002.3.-2002.9.) Ban Yoon Cheon (천반윤) M.S. (2002) Kyu Suk Shim (심규석) M.S. (2003) Hae-Young Oh (오해영) Doctoral Researcher (2002.12.-2003.6.) Sun Young Lee (이선영) Technician (2002.10.-2003.9.) Tae Ho Kim (김태호) Ph.D. (2004) Sung Ki Cho (조성기) M.S. (1998)
Sung Hyun Cho (조성현) M.S. (1999)
Sujon Sarowar (수전사로바) Ph.D. (2005) Hyun Mi Park (박현미) M.S. (2001) Ji Young Kim (김지영) M.S. (1999) Sung Chul Bahn (반성철) M.S. (1998)
Juno Jang (장준호) M.S. (2006)
Ph.D.(2011) (from Prof. Kim, Korea University)
Mi Jung Kim (김미정) Ph.D. (2007) Min Kyoung You (유민경) Ph.D. (2007) Quoc Truong Hoang (황국정) M.S./Ph.D. (2007) Fariba Amini (파리바) Visiting Student from Iran (2005.9.-2006.1.) Yi Hwa Baek (백이화) Postdoc. (2005.3.-2006.12.) Youn Oak Hwang (황윤옥) Technician (2004.2.-2007.1.) Hyo Mi Kang (강효미) Technician (2000.10.-2007.5.) Sung Hyun So (소성현) M.S. course (2007.3.-2007.8.) Ramesh Anbazhagan (라메쉬) Postdoc. (2007.7. -2007.10.) Kand akumar Jayasekaran
Researcher (2004.1.-2007.10.) Joung Won Phee (피정원) Technician (2003.2.-2008.5.) Hye-jeong Kwak (곽혜정) Technician (2003.9.-2008.5.) Man Sup Kwak (곽만섭) Ph.D. (2008) Jae Woo Nam (남재우) M.S. (2010) Eun Hee Oh (오은희) Technician (2007.7.-2010.2.) Su Min Noh (노수민) Technician (2008.12.-2010.7.) Seung-ick Oh (오승익) M.S. (2003)
Kwang Wook Jung (정광욱) M.S. (2003)
Hae Jin Kim (김해진) M.S./Ph.D. (2011) Seol Ah Noh (노설아) Ph.D. (2011) Sungmoo Byun (변성무) M.S. (2013) Darika Kongrit (다리카 콩릿) Visiting Research Fellow (2010.9.-2011.12.) Kyoung Shin Yoo (유경신) M.S./Ph.D. (2012) Hak-Sun Lee (이학선) M.S. (2012) Hye-Kyoung Kwon (권혜경) Postdoc. (2010.4.-2012.4.) Jun Young Choi (최준영) Postdoc. (2006.7.-2013.7.) Hee Jeong Jeong (정희정) Ph.D. (2012)
Mei Hua Cui (최미화) M.S./Ph.D (2013) Sung Han Ok (옥승한)
Research assistant professor (2001.3.-2013.12.)
Sung Yeon Park (박성연) M.S. (2014) 유원경 Researcher (2009.3.-2014.8.) Hyung Young Shin (신현영) M.S. (2004)
Jung-Myung Bae (배정명) Research assistant profesor (1999.3.-2015.12.) Kwang Moon Cho (조광문) M.S./Ph.D. (2016) Nguyen Thi Kim Ha (뉘옌 티 킴 하) Ph.D. (2016) 신경애 Technician (2010.7.-2016.2.)